Last week, Amazon listed a gift-with-purchase beauty sample box. The box was supposed to be a gift with the purchase of select items from Amazon’s Luxury Beauty shop.
For some reason they listed it as an item that could be purchased individually for $8.99. I grabbed one because I’m obsessed with lip stains, and a few of the other items are ones I’d like to try. Amazon has since changed it to be an item automatically added to your cart when you make a qualifying purchase. I’m guessing the box’s visibility on My Subscription Addiction had an unintended rush of purchases.
It shipped fast and arrived at my door yesterday! So let’s unbox this thing!
I was surprised how sophisticated and fancy this box is. It’s hefty and solid. There has got to be some sort of neat way to reuse it.
More of an advertisement, it says you can go to http://www.Amazon.com/LuxBox for more info on the full sizes of items sampled here. Curiously, it’s case sensitive and amazon.com/luxbox gave me a 404 error.
Everything was pretty much just tossed in, and one perfume sample was loose from its card. I received all the items advertised, even though they were subject to change.
- English Laundry Riviera Eau de Toilette
- Lacoste L!VE Eau de Toilette for Men
- Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Eau de Parfum
- Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum
Other Non-Packet Samples
- bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Mask
- StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment
- jane iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain, Forever Peach
- Proraso Liquid After Shave Cream
- MAKE Cosmetics Satin Finish Eye Shadow – I got “santa fe”
Various Foil Packets
- NUXE Gentle Toning Lotion with Rose Petals
- Rituals Body Cream, Magic Touch – Cherry Blossom and Rice Milk
- L’Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate
- Juice Beauty skin care packette (cleanser, serum, and moisturizer)
WEN by Chaz Dean Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner
This one is strange because it’s a foil packet, but it’s huge. This sample is 2oz, making it about $4 worth of product if you go by Amazon’s pricing. I can appreciate them choosing a foil packet instead of a plastic container.
MAKE Eyeshadow in ‘Santa Fe’ and Jane Iredale Lip/Cheek Stain in ‘Forever Peach’
As you can see, they are TINY. But still cute. I already have the lip stain in forever pink, so I’m sure I’ll use this one too. And I happen to love champagne type shades of eyeshadow so I’m sure this will get some use as well.
I’m pretty happy that I decided to grab this box. The StriVectin alone makes up for the cost, and there are a few other nice sample sized items in there as well.
Foil packets in beauty boxes tend to catch a lot of flack, but I am planning use all of these to try them out. And considering the price of this box, they are really just bonus items to me in this case.
We’ll see about the fragrances… I am terrible at remembering to put them on, so I’m not one to ever purchase full size.